Bright Horizons Family Solutions - All hail the mighty dollar. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"All hail the mighty dollar."

Former Employee - Teacher in Uncasville, CT
Former Employee - Teacher in Uncasville, CT

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent scheduling flexibility. Cool kids.

Cons

Blatant favoritism of certain employees. Undereducated administration with little knowledge of child development. No opportunity for advancement or professional development.

Advice to Management

Children with unidentified special needs routinely fell through the cracks due to administration's lack of knowledge, reluctance to make appropriate referrals, and fear of losing enrollment.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Aug 20, 2014 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback--it's important to our culture, and our growth that we maintain open and honest communication with our employees. We're sorry to hear that your... More

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"One of the worse companies to work for Director and admin team very unprofessional"

Former Employee - Parent in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Parent in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time

Pros

The teachers are great but hard to have full classroom potential due to leadership

Cons

Director is very unreliable, Dishonest, never ever cashed my checks on time I dont understand how they allow her to run their business. She never comes out of the office when she is there. Because she is rarely in the building. Always on her cell phone and makes commitments and promises she never keeps. Was there over four years and knows nothing about my children. Horrendous place please avoid by all cost, Not worth the money for such quality.

Advice to Management

Fire your director and advance the business manager, She is a horrible representative of your company. She pretends to be the nicest person but honestly she is not. Disgusting place.

"Chaotic game of survival, smoke and mirrors"

Pros

Good intentions are evident in many of the staff, especially the teachers who work very hard to ensure the safety, comfort, well-being and care of all the children in what is supposed to be a premium educational environment.

Cons

Short-sighted and counter productive policies and management behaviors focus on selling without being able to deliver the quality. Lack of attention to detail in hiring for quality and training to keep standards high, while enrollment is pressed as the most important issue. Priorities are not in order. It will catch up to you before long. Parents pay for quality, and get angry if you don't deliver.

Advice to Management

You know what you need to do- you don't need advice, just the desire to get your house in order.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Sep 18, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We believe strongly in our mission and the serious responsibility of caring for children and families. While we're glad to hear that you agree... More