Bright Horizons Family Solutions - Great Learning Experience! | Glassdoor

"Great Learning Experience!"

Former Employee - Resource Teacher in Hagerstown, MD
Former Employee - Resource Teacher in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff are appreciated and friendly to one another through out most of the building. They provide the supplies their teachers need, as well as keep up on the toys, equipment and books. They also have a nutritious and adventurous food plan. They continue your education on the job, and the kids are wonderful!

Cons

Some of the teachers are cliquish, and communication could be better. The pay could be higher, but that's the education field in general. They could be more selective with what they send to the infant wing in terms of food for cleaning purposes.

Advice to Management

More meetings with staff, better communication

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Great mission & concept falls short based on hiring practices"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company that promotes growth from within, and from the start, reminds teachers that they are the heart of the company. Their training and orientation programs are detailed and helped me to understand my job responsibilities more fully. The curriculum is child-centered while allowing the teacher to create fun, engaging themes to incorporate child development. We have the freedom to organize our rooms and incorporate different materials (pending approval, of course). The staff is friendly, and the parents seem to understand the import of the teachers being a vital part in their child's upbringing. Food ain't bad either

Cons

It's purely a case by case scenario, but the center I started at seems to have gone downhill in hiring talented and appropriately educated individuals to fill in the teaching roles. One of the reasons I left was because I have a degree and experience and an overall higher quality of teaching than I felt my cohorts were able to project; I love preschool and toddler rooms because of the constant learning and discovery going on, but at the end of the day, no matter what the pamphlets tell you, you are treated like a glorified babysitter, and while pay is a little higher in the company compared to other daycare centers, I felt it wasn't nearly enough to compensate for the amount of work being given. As I was a high-performing classroom, I often received the troubled and high-needs children, without an increase in pay to reflect my value to the company, and so I left.

Advice to Management

If you have a highly valued teacher among your ranks; let them know it. Cards and appreciative gestures are welcome, but at the end of the day, nothing will keep them there without a substantial raise. A few cents isn't going to cut it.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Aug 12, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not represent our mission and principles. We value the expertise of our teachers and seek to ensure ... More

2. "Great preschool experience"

Former Employee - Pre- School Lead Teacher in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Pre- School Lead Teacher in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My supervisors genuinely cared about the employees. Great relationships with co-workers. Easy to get time off. Great benefits package

Cons

I would have stayed longer if the salary was better