Bright House Networks - Not a horrible company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright House Networks

"Not a horrible company to work for"

Current Employee - Analyst in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free cable and internet. My boss is awesome.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunities. Not transparent with information. Job moved to Tampa.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing so much on what the competition is doing and spend time figuring out what your customers actually want.
Ditch the "hello friend" campaign or actually back it up with actions. Promote from within, even if it's not an open position. Have mentorship programs or if you have them, promote them.
Stop being so secretive about everything! I haven't seen an org chart in years. I was told I wasn't allowed to. I was also told I couldn't see the relo details in writing until I decided to move, or know the full details of my severance until I decided not to move. That's ridiculous.
And finally -- stop moving everyone to Tampa!

Other Employee Reviews for Bright House Networks

1. "you have to have sweet lips to kiss the butt of your supervisor to get promoted"

Current Employee - Technical Operations/Install
    Current Employee - Technical Operations/Install

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

provided work vehicle, reasonable benefits,

Cons

incompetent customer service dictates work day, pay not adequate for job, told to service equipment that you may have never seen in your life, work in incliment weather conditions, very little chance of being promoted, educational assistance is lackluster to say the least...it has to be approved by your supervisor who knows you will quit when you grad so they will never approve it.

Advice to Management

learn to promote based on knowledge not who licks your cheeks the best, if your going to claim you provide educational assistance ACTAULLY PROVIDE IT. when employees make recomendations on things that should be changed do nto just change the things that screw the employees

2. "Good company, but hard to go up."

Current Employee - Business Solutions Support Technician in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bright House Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great Benefits (401k, Health Insurance, etc)
    -Decent Pay
    -Good Training
    -Good Corporate Events/All Hands Meetings

Cons

-While pay is good, hard to get a raise
    -Can get stuck in a position easily and hard to move up in the company.
    -Everything is by the numbers, times for everything is monitored, very stringent rules.

Advice to Management

Work on improving how your employees can move up in the company or even move around. Sitting in a single position for a long period of time can be very stagnant.