Brightcove - Market leader and great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brightcove

"Market leader and great people"

Pros

- Has been able to define a market segment and stay at the forefront for 6+ years
- Customer-first attitude. Results driven behavior for the most part and a minimal amount of politics.
- Has been able to pivot like a startup, even as the startup grew to adolescence
- Ethical and honest behavior internally and externally
- From the beginning people put an emphasis on culture as well as results and this has paid dividends. I am surprised at how well the no a-hole policy worked out.

Cons

- Boston winters
- Cambridge office space is jam-packed and the office doesn't have great "flow" but that will get improved with a move to a new building next year
- I've never loved the tendency to rely on email so heavily for communication, but that's partly the times and not necessarily a Brightcove thing.
- Sometimes people are too nice and a little more confrontation wouldn't be a bad thing

Other Employee Reviews for Brightcove

1. "A lot of blabla, lack of results"

Pros

This place was once a really dynamic place to work. Nice solution. Home office accepted. People usually involved.

Cons

Wrong strategy and lack of resources .

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is such a great place to work. I have been here for a few years and have seen the company grow with new products and more people, I think I joined at an exciting time. We make really cool products, have the best clients in the business, and have fun while we get it done. The culture is great, I feel lucky to work with such great people - my team and the other departments are awesome. We do fun things like the ping pong tournaments and poker nights, we just got cold brew on tap, and we get to dress casual and just be trusted to work hard and do our jobs.

We just had a CEO change and I am hoping that the change keeps the culture the same but with more transparency and helps us continue to grow. The new CEO is already from Brightcove, knows our business and has a great track record for success so I think this is going to continue to be a great company to be at - and I am betting on it becoming even better. He has big shoes to fill, but if anyone can do it, this is the guy.

Cons

We have a solid benefits package overall and I was thrilled to get company stock but I wish there was a higher 401K match.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing with us, transparency and communication is something all employees want. Partner with the new CEO, he is well positioned to help us all succeed, let's give him what he needs.