Brightcove - Growing company | Glassdoor

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brightcove is a leader in on line video and is going through a process of new growth after a few years of stagnation . There is a new management team providing tons of clarity on strategy and direction and the right investment in R&D. Lots of focus on a ensuring a great customer experience and the technology delivers what it promises.

Cons

Lots of changes in legacy Brightcove as it evolves to a new growth strategy- including staffing changes across sales , marketing , product . Despite the challenges , these changes are needed to bring a better Brightcove to market. The new talent joining Brightcove is inspiring.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide clarity on goals and keep being transparent on how we are doing. Appreciate the focus on accountability - this is refreshing.

Brightcove2019-07-16

Brightcove Response

July 17, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. You hit on some important changes that are taking a lot of work from our people, so thanks for being on this part of the journey with us!

"Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Clear Vision -Incredibly smart and nice people -Excellent Benefits -Innovative environment with continual growth opportunities -Powerful Training and support tools available

Cons

-recent changes in management has caused some disruption and employee attrition - expectation level may be too high for those who are not willing to put in the work

Advice to Management

-continue the open communication to and investment in the employees. Those who have stayed want to be here and those who have joined will benefit

Brightcove2019-08-22

"Good people, but disorganized, and high salary disparity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are generally very friendly, and there are a lot of smart people. Other engineers are almost universally receptive to constructive criticism during code reviews and architecture discussions, which is refreshing.

Cons

The engineering culture (and technology choices) are all over the place, which may or may not bother you. Don't expect to get paid your fair market rate or promoted to your correct title without fighting for it (and you may have to leave and come back to get it!)

Brightcove2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Brightcove.