Brightcove - Best corporate culture of my career thus far | Glassdoor

"Best corporate culture of my career thus far"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brightcove’s Boston office has a positive & collaborative working environment. I’m surrounded by engaged employees and I’m excited to come to work each day. I also appreciate that projects move at a fast pace here; you won’t find a lot of red tape or hurdles to get ideas implemented. Most refreshing for me personally - marketing leadership allows and encourages taking ownership of your work. Oh and great... benefits - including bagel Friday's :)

Cons

Only con for me is gmail - - I miss Outlook.

Brightcove2019-07-19

"Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Clear Vision -Incredibly smart and nice people -Excellent Benefits -Innovative environment with continual growth opportunities -Powerful Training and support tools available

Cons

-recent changes in management has caused some disruption and employee attrition - expectation level may be too high for those who are not willing to put in the work

Advice to Management

-continue the open communication to and investment in the employees. Those who have stayed want to be here and those who have joined will benefit

Brightcove2019-08-22

"Good people, but disorganized, and high salary disparity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are generally very friendly, and there are a lot of smart people. Other engineers are almost universally receptive to constructive criticism during code reviews and architecture discussions, which is refreshing.

Cons

The engineering culture (and technology choices) are all over the place, which may or may not bother you. Don't expect to get paid your fair market rate or promoted to your correct title without fighting for it (and you may have to leave and come back to get it!)

Brightcove2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Brightcove.