Brightcove - Horrible Place to Be | Glassdoor

"Horrible Place to Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who have been working at Brightcove for over 1-2 years are great people. Smart, nice and get things done. Some pros include a stocked kitchen with snacks and cold brew, unlimited vacation (but not entirely sure if that's still implemented based on some rumors regarding vacation), and a rising stock price. The office is located in a great spot overlooking the Boston Tea Party and close to South Station... for easy commuting.

Cons

The new leadership who recently came in brought in all of their "friends" from the same company and have created a very caddy, unproductive, and negative environment. One that many Brightcovers are struggling with. I have seen at least 10 people a month quit - all who have made great impact at the company in the past. People are treated unfairly. The marketing team and account management in particular have seen... tremendous turnover. These people who are leaving were the faces of Brightcove, created the foundation of relationships between some large, successful customers, and helped improve the Brightcove products. I wish I had better things to say about Brightcove, and I truly hope that it changes for the better soon, but I have high doubts that is the case.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in your friends in high levels - stop treating your employees unfairly - stop the caddy behavior and the lies. People in the industry talk and the reputation has been severely hindered.

Brightcove2019-09-04

"Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Clear Vision -Incredibly smart and nice people -Excellent Benefits -Innovative environment with continual growth opportunities -Powerful Training and support tools available

Cons

-recent changes in management has caused some disruption and employee attrition - expectation level may be too high for those who are not willing to put in the work

Advice to Management

-continue the open communication to and investment in the employees. Those who have stayed want to be here and those who have joined will benefit

Brightcove2019-08-22

"Good people, but disorganized, and high salary disparity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are generally very friendly, and there are a lot of smart people. Other engineers are almost universally receptive to constructive criticism during code reviews and architecture discussions, which is refreshing.

Cons

The engineering culture (and technology choices) are all over the place, which may or may not bother you. Don't expect to get paid your fair market rate or promoted to your correct title without fighting for it (and you may have to leave and come back to get it!)

Brightcove2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Brightcove.