Brightedge Technologies - Love Working Here - Lots of Positive Changes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"Love Working Here - Lots of Positive Changes"

Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company is growing and starts to be well known - a lot of people I call have heard of us
- We have an awesome product to sell and regularly beat the competition!
- Lots of young co-workers as well as experienced management

Cons

- Company is changing quickly. Don't join if you are looking more a traditional company.
- Big focus on metrics in my job. Can turn off some people but it works for me (keeps me focused).

Advice to Management

I really enjoy the company meetings, free food fridays + department updates, and internal emails each time we win a deal.

I heard that BrightEdge was a much harder place to work at in 2011 with all work and no play. Was not there but clearly some people who left then are still bitter about it as we can see in the comments. Not much Management can do about it except continue to focus on growing the company and giving people opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"Selling for clear industry leader rocks"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- huge market and we have best product by far; lots of new customers and takes from our competitors
    - tons of support from management - they are fired up to win deals too!
    - digital marketing is a great segment that changes a lot so it is exciting
    - lots of leads

Cons

- lowball competitor that posts reveiws that are false - selling against black hat company that lies about product capabilities
    - even though company past start up phase so lots of growth/change so beware if you dont like change

Advice to Management

- hire more people and continue to invest in people
    - buy that lowball company in NY so they stop poluting market

"You Will be Challenged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

I have to give credit to the management team for listening to their employees and ratcheting down the intensity a couple of notches from where it was at the end of 2011/beginning of 2012. Yes, the place is still intense and thrives on fast-paced execution but employees have much more flexibility in their jobs.

The company is growing very quickly and there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth. It is also part of the culture, even for new employees straight out of school, to be given meaningful tasks so it is a great environment to get exposure, learn new skills, and accelerate your career.

BrightEdge invests heavily in training as well which is unusual for a company of its size. When you join, there is a week long training class to get you up to speed on SEO, salesforce.com, the BrightEdge Platform, as well as trainings for your specific area in the company. This is followed by more trainings every week to keep up with the market and the product innovations.

Cons

If you are looking for a cushy job, 9 to 5 work hours, or think you are above getting feedback, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to Crush it!