Brightedge Technologies - The day you leave will be the happiest of your life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"The day you leave will be the happiest of your life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Solid training
- Great teammates
- With their insane quotas, you will be a rockstar at any company you go to after you leave

Cons

-You feel completely replaceable
-Higher attrition right than any company I've ever seen
-Management makes empty promises it never keeps
-Absolutely no work life balance, if you come in at 5:45 AM (as almost all of the inside sales reps do) and leave before 4, you can feel the death glares from management
-No boundaries, manager will text you at 11 PM on a Friday to tell you that you didn't do so well this week
-Arbitrary expectations, even if you've surpassed your quota, you have to hit your call number for the week

Advice to Management

-Start showing that you care about your employees
-Provide a career path that looks promising
-Create manageable goals and understand that goals should change along with the market (if territories are now a 10th of the size they used to be, quotas should reflect this)

Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"A hard fought battle but exciting ride so far"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with some dynamic professionals
    Seeing the impact of my work as the company grows quickly
    Opportunity to expand my skill set and get experience I haven't had access too

Cons

Like every start up that has made a profound impact in their industry, it's a lot of hard work and there are bumps along the way that have been discouraging

Advice to Management

Though there have been growing pains along the way, the fact that you have worked with employees to overcome challenges together and continue to learn from mistakes is encouraging. Keep being adaptable and celebrate company success often.

"Lots of Marketing, A lot Less Culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got to learn quite a bit about marketing technology and it is a great space to be in. I feel like you get a lot of exposure at BrightEdge to the SEO/marketing space which opens up the door for a lot of opportunities, I've found. It's a pretty cool space over all and there are some smart people there.

Cons

I found during my time here that executives really do not focus or care much about the general employees. The efforts to work on the "culture" are forced and you can tell they are unnatural. At the end of the day, the owners are out for themselves and willing to cut through anyone or anything to make money - even at the expense of employees.

Advice to Management

Try and put yourself in the shoes of the people at the company. The engineers need more of a life, sales seems less micromanagement.