Brightedge Technologies - Best product in industry and amazing collection of talent! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"Best product in industry and amazing collection of talent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

The Company is the clear leader in their space. We own the market and have the who's who in almost every vertical that is important to us. We have the best product in this space and our engineering team rocks! The company has brought in lots of talent both experienced hires and recent college grads. Every function in the company has top notch talent. The department teams are very close and work really well together. Great opportunity to make an impact and be a part of something special!

Cons

Company is growing so fast it is difficult to higher the caliber of people they are looking for quick enough to keep up with the growth. This company is only for those that have the passion to be in a fast paced environment. The industry changes at a rapid pace and makes it challenging to keep up but that is what makes BrightEdge so critical to customer's success.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire rock start talent and continue to invest in your employees. Continue to adapt and refine process and strategy as you continue to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"Read the negative reviews before you decide to take a job at BrightEdge"

Pros

The people you will meet and work with on a daily basis are extremely talented, intelligent and hard working. They are the reason why you go to work every day. They are the reason why its difficult to walk away and find new employment. They are the reason why you put up with with the micro-managing senior leadership team.

Cons

I'm beginning to see a lot of positive posts again on the BrightEdge review board which only leads me to believe that management is forcing their staff to post positive reviews. I'm pretty confident of this since the posts are coming from anonymous Account Executives. Anyone who has worked there knows that the Sales department is a revolving door and the staff are treated poorly. Did something suddenly change? Moreover, when I worked there, I'm guilty of posting a fake, positive review and have also witnessed this happen on more than one occasion during my tenure.

While you have one department posting fake reviews on Glassdoor, you have others in a separate department being forced to end connections with former employees on LinkedIn. The problem starts at the top but it doesn't end there. You have a couple of leaders that are very smooth talkers (if you can't read between the lines, they are disingenuous) that keep the recruiting going. Once you get in, you quickly realize you made a mistake and now you are part of the unhealthy negative culture that will swallow you whole very quickly. There is another in a leadership position that is a person of faith. You quickly realize that their actions and words are not very christian. There is another leader in another department that should have never been allowed to manage people. The only true VP at this company manages the Marketing group.

If you are considering a job with BrightEdge, read these negative reviews before you make a decision. Not to speak in hyperbole but every one of these negative reviews are probably written because each person finally felt like this was the only time they would be heard. They finally have the freedom to speak their mind. I've never done this before. I usually never take the time on something this trivial like posting a negative review.

Advice to Management

Why?

"Very disappointing - Your last day will be your happiest"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 1 week new hire training which teaches you a lot about the product and space - instructor was very helpful and patient with the class
    - Solid product - definitely the best
    - Fair comp for industry

Cons

- High attrition rate - you see a lot of people leaving which is worrisome
    - No support from management - left to fight your own battles
    - Low morale amongst teams
    - No structure
    - Benefits aren't great - not what you'd expect from a start up

Advice to Management

Don't ask employees to write positive reviews about the company - treat them well and it'll happen.