Brightedge Technologies - The negative reviews are accurate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"The negative reviews are accurate"

Former Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will say this for BrightEdge, they do a fabulous job recruiting cool, talented, intelligent people.

Their marketing machine is powerful.

Cons

Read the following review with the knowledge that when I started at BrightEdge the CMO asked me to write a favorable review on my first day, which I naively did. Now reading the other positive reviews they strike me as quite similar to my own early, misleading review.

Although the people are incredible, the executives set the tone and culture for the company which is why BrightEdge has horrible and ongoing problems with employee attrition, internal unrest and dissatisfaction. It seemed like the entry level people had it the hardest and were treated the worst, but even mid-level executives were struggling with the culture shock and difficulty of maintaining a healthy work life.

Transparency and fairness were HUGELY lacking. I can see this with greater perspective now that I'm out of the BrightEdge Marketing Distortion Field, but employees are consistently mislead and even lied to. They are even lied to about their own product which causes them to lie during the sales process, whether they know it or not.

One comment I see quite often on these boards is that BrightEdge has the best technology. They don't. There are numerous other platforms and SEO technology that best them in many areas.

The number one issue with BrightEdge are the 3 top executives who are brazenly driving towards an exit. It's common in Silicon Valley, but not to the extent where it makes everyone around them miserable. They are not a class act.

Other Employee Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

"Great job and company with loads of opportunity."

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product and management. This is a great opportunity to be part of a great company can grow into a dominant SAAS provider. very flat manage with everyone having a chance to contribute. The technology is the best in SEO and we continue to grow our lead.

Cons

Like any start up the work load is heavy. The culture is to take action today. It's not a good place if you are just planning on showing up. You need to be on every day.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to grow and put the process in place to become a dominant SAAS player.

"Not what you think it is."

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From a technology perspective, BrightEdge has done a good job of positioning itself as a leader in the SEO space.

Cons

Despite an exciting product in a dynamic space, BrightEdge is not the place for you if you want to be treated with respect, be heard, have an opinion, or a work style that is anything other that what they want.

Simply put, BrightEdge is so absolutely convinced that their model and their management style is right, that they are blind to their many problems- not the least of which is major employee turnover and burnout. Where they have been successful in retaining talent is with young, first time job seekers who don't know better. What is most alarming however, is the iron fist, bullying management style. Intimidation, glares, dirty looks and yelling are a regular occurrence at BrightEdge. You don't get lasting success and motivated employees in an oppressive environment. It's simple management 101- treat people well, and they will stay and perform.

I cannot stress enough to job seekers that if you have more than 5 years work experience in any industry, in any company, large or small- BrightEdge is not for you.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking inward, learn to respect your employees not bully them, and understand why your employee churn is so great.