Brightview Senior Living - Is perfect for people who like human interaction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brightview Senior Living

"Is perfect for people who like human interaction."

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Bel Air, MD
Former Employee - Housekeeper in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Brightview Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the teams were great. Mine happened to be one of them. Free coffee and some other perks. Nice and clean place to work. Pay was great. Co-workers from other teams were always friendly and inviting. A really nice place to work if you have the right position.

Cons

Management was not always on the same page with current events or issues of the team. My shift never rotated and I was unable to become full-time even though I worked the full-time hours. There is no growth or development in certain positions. Especially mine. If you were a housekeeper you would be worked a lot because they do not have enough people to back up the team in case of emergencies or for rotation. Although this may get better as years go on. I sure hope so.

Other Employee Reviews for Brightview Senior Living

"Brightview Senior Living is a great organization to work for"

Current Employee - Community Sales Director
    Current Employee - Community Sales Director

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment for associates. Management respects work life balance for associates. While I haven't met everyone at all the locations, those I have met have been great and I have wonderful co-workers at my location. This company lives and breathes it's mission statement, which is a very good thing. They offer a nice benefits package.

Cons

Not really a lot of cons to list, but in certain positions there is not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the communities to better understand what a day in the life of associates is really like.

2. "Awesome! Happy to come to work at Brightview!"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant/Med Tech in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant/Med Tech in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love our residents and our management. Residents can be tough sometimes but they make me smile every day and I feel good about what I do for them. I know my supervisor always has my back and she appreciates how hard I work. She tells us thanks every day and helps when she sees that we're too busy or that we need an extra hand. The Executive Director does too. A few people complain about pay sometimes and I wish I made more money too but I think I'm paid OK for what I do and I make more than where I came from and my friends who still work there. I feel lucky to work in such a beautiful place with wonderful residents and a great boss. It's still work but unless I win the lottery I have to work some place and Brightview is a good place to be.

Cons

Like I said, residents can be tough sometimes but you have to smile and remember that they are getting older and some of them are sick or lonely. It's frustrating when other employees don't get that and complain about residents. They shouldn't work in this business if they don't like older people or have the patience to deal with them.

Advice to Management

I wish management would figure out who the negative people are and not hire them so they don't bring other people down with their complaining. Usually they are complaining about things that either are not true or they are trying to stir up trouble. Or, they are mad because they got written up for not doing something that they should have done or not coming to work. Most people love their job here and the ones who don't are a drag to have around. Either don't hire them or fire them quick when you figure out there trouble.