Brightwater - The Revolving Door | Glassdoor

"The Revolving Door"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Brightwater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good name in the local Market

Cons

Shocking turnover of staff.
Very strange management style, even experienced staff running scared
If you love kissing up to management you'll do well otherwise your days are numbered.

Advice to Management

Evenhanded management would go a long way

Other Employee Reviews for Brightwater

"very strange management styles."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Brightwater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the time there were some talented staff - unfortunately they all left.

Cons

such high turnover of staff - daily! some very strange management styles in the senior managment team, often overly emotional and irrational, obsessed with 'the competition'.one staff member was called out of the toliets to resume coldcalling!
    very little flexibility - must be at your desk at certain times - even very high performers.
    threaten clients with legal action easily,

Advice to Management

treat people like humans and try to instill a normal working culture.

"Brightwater"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Brightwater full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I will preface this review by saying ABSOLUTELY NO ONE HAS ASKED ME TO WRITE IT. NO ONE. I am writing it of my own volition and in someway to respond to the toxic diatribe that was written most recently by an ex-colleague who, while at Brightwater spent far too much time self-promoting and less doing the actual job, who was duplicitous for most of their tenure and favoured spending time speaking ill of people behind their backs while smiling into their faces. I too have recently moved on from Brightwater, for personal reasons. It broke my heart to leave. There is an amazing group of people working here and an enormously supportive senior management team led from the top. The people are unique to the organisation and I am enormously proud that I was part of Brightwater for the many years that I was. I was disgusted to read the latest review that was posted here; it was nasty, unkind and untrue but not shocking, as the individual who wrote it would have the moral compass and integrity of a gnat. We all go through peaks and troughs in our careers but you cannot blame an organisation for your own inadequacies or misgivings. It's up to every individual to work their hardest and do their best. Despite market influences we still need to try to do our best. I have always been supported at Brightwater to do my best. The opportunities, the encouragement, the help required is there in abundance should anyone have the humility to ask. I have nothing but respect for David, Barbara, John and all the management team and I have nothing but respect for my former colleagues and quite clearly more than my ex colleague who wrote an atrocious account here. Brightwater people are a talented, tenacious, loyal and kind group of people. My legacy to them is to remember that and be grateful for every moment I spent there with due respect and regard.

Cons

The hours are too long, in my opinion. I cannot really say anything else.

Advice to Management

I do believe that Management will continue to do their utmost for those that are committed to working at Brightwater, for the people that want to be there, work hard and develop in their careers.