Brilliant Earth - My honest reviews after working there | Glassdoor
  1. "My honest reviews after working there"

Former Employee - Jewelry Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Brilliant Earth part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and incentives. Classy work environment.

Cons

Not much teamwork. Everyone hustles on their own other than support from management

Advice to Management

Could maybe use a bit more team building activities

Brilliant Earth2020-01-06
  1. "Tremendous Opportunities & Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Brilliant Earth is at a great size - big enough to work on exciting, meaningful projects with the resources needed to put behind them but small enough that team members at every level can have a voice and work on really impactful projects. There is tremendous opportunity for growth and BE places a significant emphasis on providing new opportunities and promoting from within. I have always been very challenged and never bored! Every year (or even month) is full of new things to learn. The team is really amazing - super smart and motivated while also kind, positive, and supportive. It's also very motivating to work for a mission-minded company and among colleagues that share those values.

Cons

People are hardworking and excited to go above and beyond to see the impact of their work - it's not a clock in / clock out environment, which for me was a positive.

Advice to Management

Keep the whole company informed of our successes and growth - it's really motivating!

Brilliant Earth2020-01-15
  2. "Do not go into sales for Brillaint Earth!"

Former Employee - Jewelry Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Brilliant Earth full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire amazing people. Unfortunately, they just can't keep them.

Cons

Do not believe the recent positive reviews. The company recently (right before I left) asked certain employees to post positive reviews becasue they were having so much trouble hiring due to all the honest and REAL employee reviews. I heard this straight from management. I came from a sales background and took a pay cut becasue, like most new hires, I was told that I would make my bonuses and they were easy to obtain. Another employee I worked with and also quit was told that she would be eligible for overtime because she was also worried about the very low salary offered. This is not at all true. You WILL work overtime and you WILL NOT be compensated for it under any circumstances. More than 50% of the sales employees across the company do not make their sales goals becasue they are incredibly high. Especially when the average sale is about $3k most of the year in the Denver location. That would mean that a sales employee would need to make an average of 21 sales a week to make the goal....not realistic. Since these goals are so unrealistic I personally saw 14 people either quit or get fired in a little over a year of working there because at the end of every quarter if you weren't on track to make your goal you would lose your job. There is absolutely NO JOB SECURITY in sales at this company. I was always on track to keep my job (just by the skin of my teeth each quarter) but the threat of losing my job was always made very clear to me and it was a constant fear. One reason the sales goals are so unobtainable is because the sales team also has to cover an absurd amount of customer service. Answering phones and chats to assist current buyers is a large portion of your time so you are not able to focus on your sales goals. Fear is the name of the game at Brilliant Earth. For an "ethical" company they have a lot of improvements to make towards the ethical practices as far as how they treat their employees. HR will be zero help too. Your concerns will always be ignored and you will be given a typical canned HR response because they are operating under CEO's that notoriously do not care to listen to employees concerns/suggestions and make changes. Final thought..it is easy to get hired here. They are desperate. You are better than this job and you will be no exception to the trend and will be looking for a new job very shortly after starting. Don't waste your time.

Brilliant Earth2019-12-23

Discover more reviews about Brilliant Earth.