Brine Group Staffing Solutions - An Administrative Perspective | Glassdoor

"An Administrative Perspective"

Current Employee - Human Resources/Operations Manager in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Human Resources/Operations Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small privately owned company with direct access and influence to CEO and Senior Management. Convenient location. Rewarded for working hard and they see it. My role has evolved over my tenure at Brine and I have had the opportunity to focus on the aspects that I am passionate about. Recruiters are given training and support, the tools they need to succeed. Ramp up period is challenging but once they have developed a client base and the rhythm, everything usually falls into place. Culture is good, work hard play hard. Management is understanding when it comes to family matters and emergencies, but they hold everyone accountable.

Cons

Because company is small, upward mobility is limited for administration. Need the volume to justify hiring another admin, but growth rate has been slow. Recruiters can move into more aggressive commission plans as they mature in their role and gain experience.

Advice to Management

Focus on growing the strengths and weeding out the weaknesses. Build consistency with employee morale. Benefits can be improved.

Other Employee Reviews for Brine Group Staffing Solutions

1. "New to the Industry"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Lowell, MA
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Brine Group Staffing Solutions as an intern

Pros

If culture is important to you, the Brine Group is a great place to be. Everyone is very kind, patient, and supportive--especially if you're new to the recruiting industry. Training has been a healthy balance of jumping right in and classroom style learning. They also have a great mission statement and clear set of goals.

One of their objectives that I think sets them apart from the rest is that they work very hard to be more than your average recruiting agency, and truly value building great relationships with both their clients and their candidates.

Also, there are a lot of great amenities in the area--the Burlington Mall is across the street, you have access to a gym, cafe, and lots of other restaurants.

Cons

Depending on where you're commuting from, traffic can be a little heavy, but certainly not the worst I've seen.

2. "Recruiter"

I worked at Brine Group Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Some co-workers were very professional and cared about keeping it a positive environment.

Cons

Management was froth with misogyny. Sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior within all levels of management was a daily challenge. It is unfortunate because many good people left or were pushed out for this reason, including many young women who had come to Brine Group as their very first job.

Advice to Management

Management needs to change. Hopefully, some of that has happened over the years.