Brinker - Not for those who care or want to succeed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

"Not for those who care or want to succeed"

Current Employee - Culinary Manager
Current Employee - Culinary Manager

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck, that's it.

Cons

As a manager, you are constantly required to cut hours to make your budget/plan. By doing this, you are required to cook, be a dishwasher, be a server, be a host, run the window, etc. we put in 70 hour work weeks and then get the "you need to cut more hours" from the schedule.

Your GM is not held accountable. You will work your butt off to get ahead but at the end of the day, it's just to make them look good. I was recently told to "figure out the solution" for a problem we've had for a year. My GM doesn't care about it. Rather than hold him accountable, it's left to me. It's easier to tell me to do something rather than my boss who is ultimately the one who should be making those decisions

Work life balance is absolutely non existent. They talk a big game but there's no follow through.

I've been promotable for 2 years and have been passed over twice. They don't like promoting women. It's only happened once in my career (almost 8 years).

Advice to Management

Hold GMs accountable for their location, not only their managers. Very few of us are getting the development we need and deserve. You are constantly telling us to. "Look in the mirror". May I suggest you do the same???

We can cut all the hours you want but that work is still there to do. Your managers aren't leaders, they are highly paid hourly workers.

Other Employee Reviews for Brinker

1. "A fabulous culture that's dying..."

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many nice people and a relaxed work environment.

Cons

New management is trying to make Brinker better but in doing so, they loose what sets Brinker apart. Things aren't the same anymore and every decision that is made seems to make things worse.

2. "Fun place to wait tables"

Former Employee - Waiter
    Former Employee - Waiter

Pros

You get to write your name upside down with crayons on their paper table cloths, where goofy ties, and break out into spontaneous italian songs.

Cons

Its a corporate restaurant so they give you three table sections to which you make mediocre pay compared to some private restaurants which give you as many tables as you can handle.

Advice to Management

Performed competently but seemed to switch management a lot. Careful of the line between boss and friends, and don't play favorites.