Brinker - Great place to work!! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!!"

Pros

Benefits for all employees, brinker family fund, ability to move up within company, flexible with school, other jobs and family

Cons

Not very many cons. Overall if you are in the hospitality industry this is a great company to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Brinker

1. "Not for those who care or want to succeed"

Current Employee - Culinary Manager
    Current Employee - Culinary Manager

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck, that's it.

Cons

As a manager, you are constantly required to cut hours to make your budget/plan. By doing this, you are required to cook, be a dishwasher, be a server, be a host, run the window, etc. we put in 70 hour work weeks and then get the "you need to cut more hours" from the schedule.

Your GM is not held accountable. You will work your butt off to get ahead but at the end of the day, it's just to make them look good. I was recently told to "figure out the solution" for a problem we've had for a year. My GM doesn't care about it. Rather than hold him accountable, it's left to me. It's easier to tell me to do something rather than my boss who is ultimately the one who should be making those decisions

Work life balance is absolutely non existent. They talk a big game but there's no follow through.

I've been promotable for 2 years and have been passed over twice. They don't like promoting women. It's only happened once in my career (almost 8 years).

Advice to Management

Hold GMs accountable for their location, not only their managers. Very few of us are getting the development we need and deserve. You are constantly telling us to. "Look in the mirror". May I suggest you do the same???

We can cut all the hours you want but that work is still there to do. Your managers aren't leaders, they are highly paid hourly workers.

2. "A fabulous culture that's dying..."

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many nice people and a relaxed work environment.

Cons

New management is trying to make Brinker better but in doing so, they loose what sets Brinker apart. Things aren't the same anymore and every decision that is made seems to make things worse.