Bristol-Myers Squibb - This one of the best compaines to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

"This one of the best compaines to work for"

Current Employee - Processing AM
Current Employee - Processing AM

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is great from the top down. The managers really care about the people. I highly recommend the company.

Cons

The work life balance could be better, but thats the only con I have with the company.

Advice to Management

We need more help to reduce the current work load.

Other Employee Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

1. "Sr Territory Business Manager, Neuroscience"

Former Employee - Senior Territory Business Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Business Manager

I worked at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great experience and education on selling. I had great sales training, and many great colleagues. Most of the managers were very pleasant to work with. The salary and benefits were very generous. I was able to manage my own time as long as I met my numbers. My manager worked with me about once per month, and was a great coach.

Cons

The company does not have a culture which embraces hiring reps from within the company who are good reps in good standing. Once you come in as a territory business manager, there you will stay unless you are willing to go back to the home office. Territory changes every year, bonus plan changed every year, with senior management making it very difficult for good reps in geographies or states where there were a number of managed care restrictions to earn much or compete well.

Advice to Management

Corporate culture starts at the top: when neuroscience division was eliminated, you had many very talented reps who could have easily transitioned over to other divisions where there were almost 200 available jobs! Senior management should have insisted that good reps being displaced from one division, be hired into available positions in other divisions. This should be the culture, if senior management truly valued their employees as they had repeatedly stated.

2. "Horrible company do not apply unless you absolutely just need a job"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No good reason to work here. Use it as a means to an end

Cons

Inexperienced management, people who make decisions have no clue as to how to make an educated decision. Ruin lives of employees and don't care about employees, awful culture one of the worst in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stop making decisions based upon who you like. These people are seldom qualified and ruin the lives of employees. Stop with the primary care mentality and role plays for the specialty sales force