Brivo - Software Developer | Glassdoor

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Rosslyn, VA
Former Employee - Software Developer in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brivo was a great experience. A premium was put on creative thinking and creating new technologies. Intelctual property was a big priority as well. We were encouraged to keep engineering notebooks for intelectual property applications.

Cons

At times, there was so much emphasis on finding and using new technologies, that we would end up "early adopting" promising software packages that ended up being poorly supported with a very small user base.

Other Employee Reviews for Brivo

"Best in class product and service from the best people you will ever work with"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO

I worked at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brivo offers a truly unique solution for the electronic security industry. They are the first to offer a truly web-hosted solution for physical access control. They do not live under the control of "it has always been done this way" and give their employees the ability to innovate and create. The real value of Brivo lies not with it's unique product and service however. Most companies claim their employees are their greatest asset, but Brivo has assembled one of the best teams in the security industry. Their leadership staff are the types of visionaries that attract the best of the best. Their technical staff are some of the most creative and intelligent people I have ever worked with. Their sales and administrative staff are energetic, intelligent and focused on providing the highest level of customer service. Working here was a highlight in my career.

Cons

With an east coast HQ, travel and schedule management were difficult. While there is still plenty of talent in the DC metro area, I believe as great as they are, they would be better if they had a location that was more appealing to the types of technical staff they will need to continue their rapid growth. I believe some of the technical development recruitments are hampered because of their location.

Advice to Management

Keep upgrading talent at every position. Don't get distracted from what you do that is still unique in the marketplace. Open an office in the Denver Technology Center.

2. "Brivo Systems gave me the opportunity to advance my career."

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brivo allowed me the chance to expand upon my experience, only a few years out of graduate school. I was never micro-managed, and was often given the ability to speak my mind, take control of my projects, and work directly with upper management.

It was a great environment to work in, I am appreciative of the opportunity to further my career, and would highly recommend Brivo to anyone.

Cons

The major downside for me was the long commute each day. The rent in the Bethesda area was too high for me at the time, so I had to find an apartment pretty far away from the office. Anyone who is aware of the traffic in the DC area knows that's always a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow employees to take control of their work, have a say, and be in constant communication about the company.