Broadcast Music - It's a fine place to work...and by that, I mean it's just fine... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Broadcast Music

"It's a fine place to work...and by that, I mean it's just fine..."

Current Employee - Audio Visual Music Analyst II in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Audio Visual Music Analyst II in Nashville, TN

Pros

My coworkers are generally congenial, there is, on average, not that much tension in the office. My job is very low-stress, even when deadlines come around it's not a life-or-death situation. The hours are easy (only 37.5 per week for a full time employee), and we get 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick/personal days, and all major holidays off. Health, dental and vision benefits are great, and once a year the company does employee appreciation days where they plan games, food and adult beverages for everyone.

Cons

The company has several locations (New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, etc)., but Nashville's headquarters are the most antiquated. There's nothing trendy about the building. In my department (TV/Film Operations) opportunity for professional advancement is very rare. Even after a promotion and 2 raises I am only making $27,000/year. The job is glorified data entry and extremely boring; there is no challenge to this job. The only way to move up is to transfer to a different department or for someone to retire. I don't learn any new skills at this job for use in managerial positions; instead, I learn more about proprietary software that no one else uses.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere on the 3rd floor is very impersonal and austere; having more interaction among employees and better communication from management would be useful. Also, allowing us to attend training sessions and providing a variety of work types would increase our motivation and interest in the job.

Other Employee Reviews for Broadcast Music

"Good Entry Level - Those with talent have to leave to get make a competitive salary."

Current Employee - Licensing Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensing Executive in Nashville, TN

Pros

Great people. Good benefit package although every year they take one of these pieces away. (three years ago this would have been great and 5 years ago it would have been excellent.).
    Flexible with employees when it comes to family and personal time off. Good entry level company.

Cons

Little opportunity to advance especially financially, salary is not competitive, management does not always communicate company vision and goals, they reward loyalty not performance. Notice most of the cons is surround pay. BMI DOES NOT COMPENSATE employees properly outside of executive management.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees about changes and fight for them to keep benefits and for additional raises. 1.8% one year then 1.5% the following year for your top performers will not cut it. You will constantly have a revolving door of employees only costing you more money than if you paid the good ones what they deserve.

"Not really a "record industy" job."

Former Employee - General Licensing in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - General Licensing in Nashville, TN

Pros

The people there are friendly and have a good group mentallity

Cons

Most of the positions there have little to do with the "Record industry". Everyone wants to be involved with Artist relations, but few get there. I saw a lot of money wasted on purchases that really should have gone to the artists it was collected in the name of.

Advice to Management

If BMI were not "Not for Profit" it probably wouldnt cut it in the real world.