Broadcom - If you enjoy being around smart and talented people, this is the place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

"If you enjoy being around smart and talented people, this is the place"

Current Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great benefits and a good standing in the community.

Cons

Not enough comp time after difficult projects.

Advice to Management

Please encourage more personal time away from office.

Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom

"A lot of "dead weight.""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Looks good on resume.
    Perks: free beverages, on-site cafeteria, gyms, basketball court, volleyball courts

Cons

This isn't one of the hardest-working companies I've ever come across. I believe that the same amount of work could be done with a lot less employees. One out of three employees is "dead weight" to me... and that is being generous!

Interns are dispensable; Broadcom lets a lot of interns go once they are finished with school.

Advice to Management

I know you want to be nice and employ as many people as possible, but by doing that you are costing the company a lot of money. I would not be happy about that if I were a stockholder of Brcm.

Downsize.

"Diminishing Returns"

Former Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

Pros

Broadcom historically was a place where you were rewarded for hard work. There was a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. Equity made up a large portion of compensation.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot has changed in the past 5 years. All the people that made Broadcom great has been forced out. As the organization got bigger, politics became more prevalent and new hires were mostly talkers instead of doers. Internal promotions to middle positions have become more rare. RSU and bonuses are sharply diminished for most employees but senior executives are richly (unjustified) rewarded... check out latest proxy statement vs. financial/stock performance.