Broadlawns Medical Center - I enjoy my experience at Broadlawns | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Broadlawns Medical Center

"I enjoy my experience at Broadlawns"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Its a place you can learn. Its small enough you know faces. The doctors in the ER are great to work with!

Cons

Some shifts are not very good with teamwork. I feel as if certain titles make them feel they can disrespect others with lower titles behind their name. I feel as if people get chances on bettering themselves.

Advice to Management

I feel as if there could be more positive praise or actions from management. Its much quicker and easier to point out the negatives to employees from bosses. Maybe a little more training on that. I feel as if that affects the work environment on a negative basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Broadlawns Medical Center

1. "It is a fabulous place to work!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Des Moines, IA

Pros

It is a family atmosphere. Everyone works together as a team. Awesome support from leaders. Open door policies by administration. The patients are culturally diverse and gives us a great variety of challenges which leads to strenghtening of our nursing skills. Our patients are the best!

Cons

I have worked at broadlawns medical center for a long time and am hard pressed to find a lot of negatives about the place. In my opinion broadlawns is the best kept secret for nursing employees in town. If you want a great place to work come to broadlawns. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the staff as you have been doing for years. Continue to be part of the team, working side by side with us. That is what makes Broadlawns the best place to work.

2. "Certified Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant

I have been working at Broadlawns Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at Broadlawns is being able to provide excellent service to patients in a timely manner and learning new skills each day.

Cons

Do not have any at this time.