Broadmoor Hotel - An all around great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Broadmoor Hotel

"An all around great place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, company environment is like a family. They also offer tons of great training opportunities and classes. Not many companies left that operate like this.

Cons

Nature of the beast, when everyone else is having a holiday you will be the busiest.

Advice to Management

Keep conveying to your employees that they are a cut above the rest and you appreciate them.

Other Employee Reviews for Broadmoor Hotel

1. "Your coworkers are family"

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel (More than 5 years)

Pros

Caring management, great people to work with

Cons

Hours can be bad, due to the nature of the business.
    It's a hotel, a fancy one at that, so there are some guests who think they are entitled to have everything.

2. "Be a waiter/waitress somewhere before coming here"

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel full-time

Pros

If you have exhausted all other options, then at least you can get some experience while you continue to look for jobs.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to be scheduled to work 7 days in a row which also means you will not have time for interviews or a life. I worked in different departments and you often do not know next week's schedule until the day before the next week starts. A lot of people get in trouble for little things, get written up, and it goes in their file for other managers to read when they consider you for a different position. Sometimes it is not the work that is so bad, but the way everyone is treated by management. I have worked in fast food and other places, and I have never been so disrespected as I was at The Broadmoor.

Advice to Management

Don't say something will be taken care of and then completely drop it. I have been lied to so many times about "looking into something" or something that will be "all taken care of and not to worry about" only to find that it wasn't communicated to anybody and I end up 'getting in trouble.' Yes, 'getting in trouble' is the word employees use to describe many situations because we are treated like 6th grade students.