Broadridge - Like working in a factory. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Broadridge

"Like working in a factory."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

Pros

Ability to work without someone looking over your shoulder. Managament treated employees with respect and were generally amiable and polite.

Cons

Pay was mediocre and benefits not so great. 401k was matched once a year and you had to be there to receive it so if you worked for 11 months and left the month before matching you received nothing. Vacation time left alot to be desired you had to be there 5 years to merit 3 weeks paid vacation. Management was not good on communication they had a tendency to be secretive. Co workers were young and immature most were 30 going on 13. Clique oriented and very quick to trash other employees behind their back, have not seen this sort of thing since 7th grade. The processes in my area were extremely manual for the 21st century as in making numerous copies of the same piece of paper for what I do not know. Online systems were antiquated.

Advice to Management

Streamline processes and invest in some current technology.

Other Employee Reviews for Broadridge

"A strong company that demands niothing but the best from it's employees."

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Edgewood, NY

Pros

Lot's of hard-working people here. Many interesting projects to work on and demonstrate what you are capeable of doing. They really do care about how they are percieved by their employees. Exposure to the newest IT technologies is sometimes provided depending upon the group that you are assigned to. This shop will test how far you are willing to push yourself.

Cons

agressive deadlines. Not enough recognition for hard work. A high level of frustration is evident here because of the heavy workload and sometimes unrealistic deadlines for deliverables. Too many corners are cut because of this approach and many errors can be introduced into existing software systems. It has been told to me that they have always operated this way.

Advice to Management

recognize the ones who go far and above what is expected.

"Nice enough place to work - trouble brews beneath the surface"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY

Pros

I've never worked at a large company before so I can't compare to other similar companies. I have some flexibility in my work schedule when needed (as long as I get my job done, which is a big condition). Friendly atmosphere, opportunity for growth appears available.

Cons

Pretty traditionally mangaged, traditional hierarchy, not all managment is competent, cronyism among higher-ups. Old-fashioned culture in some ways.They talk about trust but then act like they don't trust us. IT rarely gets the resources to properly do a job. Many, many people are over-worked while others have jobs that appear to be easy to complete in far less than a traditional week - there are some sacred cows but then other incompetent workers seem to stick around forever.

Advice to Management

Cut the crap about teamwork, trust, motivation and all that and get us the resources needed to do the job (systems, software, manpower). Give email to ALL employees - how ancient can you be?