Broadridge - Nice enough place to work - trouble brews beneath the surface | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Broadridge

"Nice enough place to work - trouble brews beneath the surface"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Edgewood, NY

Pros

I've never worked at a large company before so I can't compare to other similar companies. I have some flexibility in my work schedule when needed (as long as I get my job done, which is a big condition). Friendly atmosphere, opportunity for growth appears available.

Cons

Pretty traditionally mangaged, traditional hierarchy, not all managment is competent, cronyism among higher-ups. Old-fashioned culture in some ways.They talk about trust but then act like they don't trust us. IT rarely gets the resources to properly do a job. Many, many people are over-worked while others have jobs that appear to be easy to complete in far less than a traditional week - there are some sacred cows but then other incompetent workers seem to stick around forever.

Advice to Management

Cut the crap about teamwork, trust, motivation and all that and get us the resources needed to do the job (systems, software, manpower). Give email to ALL employees - how ancient can you be?

Other Employee Reviews for Broadridge

"Not much to like"

Current Employee - IT in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - IT in Newark, NJ

Pros

Can't think of too many positives, if there is anything positive it would be a somewhat flexible work schedule, this is overshadowed by the fact that you are on call 7X24X365 and expected to work just about every weekend.

Cons

Management is clueless, they have a "Shared Services" that doesn't know which end is up, their HR department is pathetic at best, the good people from ADP have all left and it's just a a staff of clueless individuals that have no idea how things are put together and why things work the way that they do. The few managers that do care are stifled by their supervisors. They have "technical specialists" that are better at B.S.ing management than actually know how to perform a job function.

Advice to Management

Listen to your senior staff, listen to what the associates say, take their suggestions at least listen to them once in a while.
    Have you heard of flex schedules like 4 10's (I'm here 12 hours 6 days a week anyhow) or maybe 9/80. Think about your staff while you still have one.

2. "Room for improvement and in the works"

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility available. Great people. Comfortable work environment. New managers are changing things around and getting initiatives started. Lots of room for improvement with the right team and lots of work.

Cons

Negative morale , inability to see career progression. High turnover rate. Poor training habits. People are not held accountable.

Advice to Management

Stop managing up.