Brocade - Work environment of high expectations | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brocade

"Work environment of high expectations"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Engg is aggressive in nature and high is expected off of employees. Bonus program has been very good inspite of having competitive salaries. Rewards performance very well. The technical talent is abundant and you really get to work on products to completion and no dragging or outright cancellation of projects. It is a good place to learn, excel and grow.

Cons

Pressure is high. Performance bar is high. Always gears itself to utilize resources (people) as best as they can and it could involve more group changes, work assignment changes etc. You should be willing to jump in and delivery when asked.

Advice to Management

Just stop making stupid acquisitions and concentrate on company's strengths.

Other Employee Reviews for Brocade

1. "Brocade is under the radar, but not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Well run organization. Support structure is better than most so it isn't too hard to get things done.

Cons

Not a very "fun" environment. Seen as a boring part of the tech industry. Past stock scandal still casts a shadow even thought the company is now VERY careful to do everything the right way.

Advice to Management

Tell the company's story better so that we know what we are doing and why we should be excited about it.

2. "Brocade is worth a second look."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Pros

The people. Brocade is loaded with very talented people who I enjoy working with and will have in my life for years to come. Also, Brocade does tend to have it's act together. We have our challenges, just like any company, but overall Brocade fosters a self leading, flexible and fair environment.

Cons

Clear action with respect to the corporate direction. The SAN industry can be very competitive and fickle.

Advice to Management

Always remember that the success of the company, the quality of the products and the quality of customer service IS achieved only through the employees. Keep the goals and expectations aligned with the Vision and make sure you are recognizing and compensating appropriately.