Brocade - I feel like the people are taken care of pretty well and we mostly have what we need to get the job done. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brocade

"I feel like the people are taken care of pretty well and we mostly have what we need to get the job done."

Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Work with cutting edge equipment and very talented people. Work life balance is good as long as deadlines are met.

Cons

Much lip service to career growth but I have seen next to no movement here. Training and learning done on personal time. Schedules don't move even when quality might be at stake.

Advice to Management

Don't discount our intelligence. When you stand up and say that you are promoting a work life balance and re institute a shutdown, with little to no advance warning and without changing any schedule deadlines, we know that it is going to take many Saturdays and Sundays to make up the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Brocade

1. "Decent Company/Group to be working in, but really BAD PAY!!"

Current Employee - ASIC Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - ASIC Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

* Good bonus if you are newly hired or an Executive/Manager!
    * The ASIC Engineering group(s) here is/are very strong technically
    * This group has taped out several successful first-pass silicon ASICs - this is truly great!
    * Flexible work hours, remote access
    * Decent minor perks like - game room, fitness center (in some sites)
    * Gives you opportunity to innovate!

Cons

* Very uneven pay across same grade engineers (some are highly overpaid and some are highly under paid) although all of them are expected to do similar work!
    * Room for vertical growth in ASIC Engineering is very slim/nil!
    * No specific programs are in place for Career/Professional growth
    * Specifically in this group(s), the first line and second line managers seem to have least interest in encouraging/helping the engineers achieve professional goals
    * No direct reward/recognition given for doing an excellent/outstanding job. most of the times, it is peanuts.

2. "A good company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

Pros

We gave us the power to make the decisions we felt necessary to solve the customer concern.
    We were respected

Cons

The organization works within internal silos which have had negative impact on the ability to consistantly drive the honed value to the customer.

Advice to Management

Leverage cenergies wherever possible.
    Solicit feedback from the field organization on what would enable traction around messaging and product presentations.