Brokers' Risk - Don't be fooled by the owner's charm. He's not what he appears to be when you meet him | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brokers' Risk

"Don't be fooled by the owner's charm. He's not what he appears to be when you meet him"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good downtown location, and if you can put up with being constantly berated, it's a good place to learn the insurance business

Cons

The owner is a person who is so full of himself, it's pathetic. He is always looking for someone to ridicule in front of everyone. The turnover at this place is incredible, and this is a place to avoid working for at all costs. I was so anxious to leave this place that I left without a job to go to. Best thing I ever did.

Advice to Management

Sell the business to someone who treats people with respect and dignity. You sure don't.

Other Employee Reviews for Brokers' Risk

"Toxic, best avoided. Some good talent but owner/CEO and family are bad, bad news."

Former Employee - Executive Level in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Level in Chicago, IL

Pros

Salary. Interesting business. Good career path for insurance pros if you can stay long enough.

Cons

Horrible leadership at the top micromanages and berates executive and management levels, revolving door, promotions are political. Not now but previous HR tried hard to improve, an almost impossible task as CEO wants to be petty and mean to save a buck.

Advice to Management

Retire. Pray. Have your daughter go elsewhere, she's turning into you.

"Run, don't walk, away from this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great location, fair salary and benefits

Cons

You will feel like you are stuck in the 80's in this poorly run family-owned company. I should have immediately realized that there was an issue when I found they had a full-time recruiter on site, this for a company of approximately 80 employees. It was a constant revolving door the entire time I was there. I have never worked in a more perfectly dysfunctional environment in my life. Do yourself a favor, and don't even be tempted by an interview. It is not as it appears on the surface, and there is MUCH better out there.