Brookdale Senior Living - Free food but a lot of work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Free food but a lot of work"

Former Employee - Server in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Server in Rochester, NY

Pros

The free food is great and double pay of holidays. The staff is friendly and are willing to help you.

Cons

Lack of break in between shifts and can be stressful at times. Some of the residents are very difficult to deal with.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Was good until this year"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant

Pros

The residents is the one and only great thing at this company!

Cons

Management doesn't care about staff. It is a money hungry organization. Their main concern is how can they become full.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees, and their families! Don't have staff neglect their families to keep your revenue going.

"I loved BSL and was proud to work there, until I was (I believe) wrongfully terminated"

Former Employee - Staff Development Coordinator in Raymore, MO
    Former Employee - Staff Development Coordinator in Raymore, MO

Pros

I like working there because I did something different everyday. It was a very stressful, but rewarding position. The CNA's and CMT's where great to work with. I worked well with 95% of the nurses and the therapy department director was awesome to work with. I had a huge office/classroom downstairs and across the hall was central supply and she was a great person.

Cons

They are more about the money, than customer care. The Integrity Line, which is suppose to help employees, is a huge disappointment. The lack of communication is terrible in all aspects. If the upper management wants you gone..... Your gone no matter how much you do to cover yourself. They will question every employee to find the smallest problem and turn it into a reason to fire you.

Advice to Management

Stop terminating good employees for no reason, except to save money. Appreciate what they do and tell them they are doing a good job. Give them a bonus...they deserve it. Give them more to let them know their hard work means something to you.