Brookdale Senior Living - Regional Management; shame on you! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Regional Management; shame on you!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Executive Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

health benefits are OK but there is very little to recommend about this company. The nursing side appears to have more cohesion, however every nurse I have spoken to complains they are overworked, so I don't know. Operations, Sales, Dining, Care staff, maintenance... experiences are simply horrible across the board.

Cons

complete lack of training, no corporate support, broken promises to employees of all levels, little to no regional support, quality of patient care seriously lacking, turnover is simply HORRIBLE

Advice to Management

Ive been reading the previous comments, and sadly must agree. However, let me add one more thing as an ED; those who want to make positive change are hogtied. We want to hold accountable the employees that are constantly calling in or doing poor work... but the moment we do, an "anonymous" call is made to the integrity line. Regardless of how justified a write up is, we are consistently hand-slapped by our RDO's or HR. Training is RIDICULOUSLY lacking from ED's on down, yet ED's are held responsible for corporate values when no training is provided on such. This company may be large but that is not indicative of their comparative success; look at the sheer volume of negative experiences compared to any other corporate website. Numbers dont lie. After 2 years I have had enough; utter lack of support, poor pay for my care associates and dangerous conditions for my residents... I'm tired and I'm out. If you are contempating taking on a position with Brookdale... RUN dont walk in the other direction. Do whatever you can to dodge this bullet.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Innovative Senior Care, a division of Brookdale Senior Living"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New electronic medical records is efficient and easy to use. Great coworkers.

Cons

There are many diverse sites of operations. The one "Brookdale model" of service delivery doesn't work well across all facilities. Encouraged to over-utilize therapy with residents just to improve the bottom line. Wide difference in work area and equipment from one facility to the next.

Advice to Management

Make Mid level management more accessible to professional staff.

"The WORST Company Ever"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Monroe, NC
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living (Less than a year)

Pros

get paid every two weeks, given an option to eat a meal for your break, some friendly co-workers and at least one or two sic that does care about their staffs, holiday pay, and you get your schedule in two weeks advance

Cons

daily standup meetings (this is a meeting that you have the stand and is usually pointless)
    favoritism between sic, managers, ED, etc and hourly associate
    managers will place blame on their employees
    if you do not like working with old people then you should NEVER apply unless you're truly desperate
    underpay and overwork
    managers does not care about you but only themselves and their money
    gives you too much work for you to handle
    very stressful
    do not want you to work overtime
    you must punch in and punch out at a specific time (ie: you cannot punch in more than 7mins earlier than you schedule time and if you punch in 1min after your schedule time to be off then you are tardy)
    you must take exactly 30mins break
    residents can be unpleasant and rude
    you have housekeeping duties, kitchen duties, server duties, and much more
    lazy employees who should be fired but get away with things
    they dont care if you have other responsibilities
    managers and corps dont cared about you
    residents' families can be difficult and annoying
    i HATE this job and will quit as soon as i find another one

Advice to Management

take your job seriously and take in your employees with consideration