Brookdale Senior Living - Activitiy assistant in the rehab and long term care and dementia unit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Activitiy assistant in the rehab and long term care and dementia unit"

Current Employee - Activity Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Activity Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get experience with all the levels of senior care. You have a choice to relocate in many places.

Cons

mandated corporate programs that sometime seem out of realm of resident needs and abilities.

Advice to Management

Use the talents of the your current employees to create programs without spending money on 'outside experts', when current front line employees are the most updated experts on all resident needs.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Satan's second home"

Former Employee - Housekeeper/Dietary/Caregiver in Lutz, FL
    Former Employee - Housekeeper/Dietary/Caregiver in Lutz, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great residents, nothing else to say

Cons

over worked, underpaid, understaffed, lacks adequate resident care, major turnover in staff as well as management, no communication between depts, some managers either have no clue or do not care about what goes on in building, rude, disrespectful, constant threats of termination, promotions based on friendships and brown nosing instead of performance level, not given any chances for advancement, worst company I've worked for-RUN!don't walk, I would never refer anyone for employment or refer anyone for care.

Advice to Management

Integrity Hotline is a joke(not confidenticial) take complaint seriously and investigate. Corp should not be calling the person you are complaining about resulting in management to retalliate against the employee and ultimately termination. Corp should be making unannounced visits to communities and also talking to various employees and residents during each visit. How else to know what is really going on. Employee surveys are also a joke. Management has access to these to read and can easily discard bad reviews or replace with a new survey filled in by themselves. Make surveys online so they are confidentcial and received by corp. Make all classes available to every employee so we can advance within the company. Uphold your Mission Statement. Teach you ED's how to listen and respect employees.

"underpaid and overworked"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Gig Harbor, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management staff is likeable, friendly and easy to work with, I consider all of these people my friends

Cons

too much micromanaging by the people that I claim to like... too much pay going to the people that don't do the work that the clients are paying me to do

Advice to Management

Don't tell us what we need to do when you already know that we are aware of some immediate need. instead ask if you can help us or lend a hand in dealing with the immediate crisis