Brookdale Senior Living - Great Culture, Noble cause | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Great Culture, Noble cause"

Current Employee - Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some managers are good, I'm lucky to be working with one of the better managers.
Great work hours and work life balance at the corporate office.
Helping Seniors is a great cause to work for.

Cons

Some managers are not that good.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping the good managers and letting go the bad ones. This will lead to better overall performance of the company

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"No appreciation for the employees who have stayed."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with, great location, the employees in the communities that I have dealt with were great.

Cons

Finding out about what happened at Glenwood Gardens doesn't surprise me at all. All anyone in management at Brookdale cares about is the bottom dollar and blame shifting to keep their own bottoms out of hot water......I have been with this company for many years and watched it grow tremedously. I always thought that a growing company was supposed to be a good thing. Not for Brookdale. At one time your supervisors and management team made you feel like family. However, all that matters now is the almighty dollar. It's sad really. Brookdale at one time was a company that I bragged about and would love to have people come work for. Now, due to the way of the management team, I wouldn't have anyone come in to be demoralized the way they have done numerous people.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your residents who are the reason you're in business. Listen to your employees. They are the ones who deal with the communities on a daily basis and can have great input on what you are looking to do. Stop demoralizing and taking the happiness out of who you have left. Stop promoting people who kiss up and brown nose. I guarantee there was someone who was so much more knowledgeable available for a promotion.

"If you don't play the office politics game, don't expect to move up"

Current Employee - Corporate Associate
    Current Employee - Corporate Associate

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of great co-workers, decent pay for what I do, working in an industry where you can positively affect people's lives

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities if you don't kiss up to the right people, favoritism, lack of diversity among upper management, not enough positive feedback from supervisor

Advice to Management

The mood on the all-company call that was held just days after many long-time employees were demoted or laid off was too cheerful and joking, and it was disrespectful to those who were going through a very difficult time. I know we are supposed to have fun every day but more decorum was needed. Also, post positions that are available before granting them to whomever kissed your butt the most. You open yourself up to lawsuits by not giving everyone a chance.