Brookdale Senior Living - Enjoyed the community, did not enjoy working with regional management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Enjoyed the community, did not enjoy working with regional management"

Former Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The residents were the best part of the job.
Associates worked well as a team.

Cons

TOO MUCH REGIONAL MANAGEMENT
Regional Management Team was ineffective.
Regional VP micro managed the community
Regional VP never acknowledged the associates when walking around the community.
Regional VP never had a smile on her face; always looked mean.
Regional VP followed the "Peter Principle" rise to your level of incompentence. Regional VP was the poster child for this concept.
Regional VP always misplaced emails and got upset because they were not sent; sent the original email; no apology ever was returned.
Regional VP showed favoritism to certain communities
Communication with regional management team was very suspect; phone messages and/or emails were either never returned or returned after the issue was resoleved.
Long term associates had the feeling of entitlement.
Too many clicks around the community

Advice to Management

Replace the Regional VP with someone who understands the business more

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Interviews that serve to keep you hanging on a ledge when there is no intention of hiring you."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

My initial experience was a response by email and then a face to face, very brief, meeting with the person you would be working for. What a joke! Then there was a second interview where this person was "out of town" and it was with an older employee who you would be working in the same area with. This left a very negative feeling and I knew she would be the person to block further progress. I was correct. This was followed by a young lady, filling in for someone temporarily, who informed me that she was ready to hire me and would call the gentleman responsible and let him know. Then weeks and months went by and I had given up hope and here comes another email asking if I was still interested. HA, HA!!! I replied yes simply to see how far this would go. I had a job and had no intention of working with Brookdale ever!!!!

Cons

There were no cons whatsoever. My advice would be don't fall for the pretty picture they present.

Advice to Management

You have extremely poor management individuals here in the Richmond area. I am sure there is some sort of legal punishment for misrepresenting employment and for outright lying.

"THE most toxic experience of my 20+ years of work history."

Former Employee - Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Wellness Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Assisting and spending time with the residents was the highlight of my day. Some coworkers were very nice to work with.

Cons

Management was the worse I have ever seen, from the facility Director up to the Regional people. They promote the components of their mission statement verbally but they DO NOT act on it at all themselves.

Advice to Management

Visit your Communities on a regular basis. DON'T call ahead, DROP IN. Don't take the E.D. word for the state of the Community. I was paid 3k LESS than low norm for this company and expected to work 60-80 hrs wkly. This employment experience was a living horror story.