Brookdale Senior Living - Good employee treated bad on the way out. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Good employee treated bad on the way out."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager
Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great sales and marketing training program

Cons

Must give 30 day notice but told to leave on resignation day without vacation payout.

Advice to Management

Stop playing games when someone resigns.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

1. "It's just as good as any other, I guess."

Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapy Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They provide a lot of lunches and occasionally free toys as a way of saying thanks. Hours might get cut if the patient load isn’t there -- I’m okay with that as it beats getting laid off. It's easy to get transferred to another facility (provided there's an opening).

Cons

They cut all the bonuses in half and they can only be attained now during Years 2 through 7 of employment. For the life of me, I don't see how a company as big as Brookedale/ISC can't get cheaper insurance rates for its employees. It’s embarrassing to compare what I pay to somebody else who pays half of what I do working for an employer who isn’t even nationwide. I also have a friend who works for a lawyer -- $18 Q fortnight for insurance coverage just for himself. What a crock of crap. I’ve never worked for a company who had such bad insurance before … maybe “embarrassing” isn’t a good word. Humiliating might be better. If I were Brookdale/ISC, I think I’d be hiring somebody else to do some renegotiating. There has to be an insurance company in the good ole US of A that would LOVE to offer better rates to Brookdale/ISC.

Advice to Management

Mgmt could care less what their employees think... in that respect, Brookedale/ISC is no different than any other company.

2. "excellent company"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great management. For a for profit publicly traded company, they do a great job putting residents first. The company is focused on putting the needs of families and seniors first

Cons

It is a for-profit company with many ambitious goals . Many people that don't understand corporate America may not be a good fit for this company. It is not a mom and pop operation. There are executives and shareholders that need to be pleased as well.