Brookdale Senior Living - food and beverage director | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"food and beverage director"

Current Employee - Director of Dining Services
Current Employee - Director of Dining Services

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

residents, my staff who worked their ass off while waiting sometimes up to 2 months for new hires to begin.

Cons

run run dont walk. I got 2 promotions things were great till i got to last promotion. Averaging 100 hrs a week no support, when i tried to CA a employee Corporate declined it or by the time they approved it a week went by that time its like punishing a dog for something they did a while ago. Residents complaining food was horrible. I agree YOU TRY FEEDING Someone for $ 6.00 a day. I did it but cant get the food that residents want, a same when they pay average rent of 5000. I finally gave notice after they demanded me to work from 530am-7pm 7 days a week until they could get me a pro tem to help me.

Advice to Management

practice your cornerstones. Quality of life i never seen that with this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Most unprofessional management and associates during my career"

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents and family are a joy to work with.

Cons

Memory care unit managers and associates were outside smoking every hour for 20 minutes.Leaving only one care provider many times working with 27 end stage residents. Documented and reported daily episodes of neglect and abuse to Director and was bullied by Director for reporting. Ended up having to report neglect and abuse to HR and things started to be watched. Residents were denied food and fluids everyday and it made me sick to watch residents be treated so poorly.

Advice to Management

Get out of this line of work if you don't have what it takes to manage staff and provide the needed care for the residents.

"Satan's House indeed"

Pros

none but a few smiling faces (they don't know the word on the street yet)

Cons

Very extreme ignrance on the many who think they are management (they are but they too don't 'get it') One piece of advice; Don't wait for your Gold watch! Upper management has that all covered! They could all care less. With the reviews they have someone should fire them all and start over!

Advice to Management

Stop what you are doing-Wait! You aren't!