Brookdale Senior Living - OTR SNF, O/P, HH (Innovative Sr Care) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"OTR SNF, O/P, HH (Innovative Sr Care)"

Current Employee - OTR
Current Employee - OTR

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location convenient, variety of experience at different levels of care, good internal rehab team (minus nursing),

Cons

Up and down hourly with no guarantee of hours or they will send you out to cover at other sister facilities or HH/OP. Poor corporate management with little investment in clinical supplies. Lack of true rehab approach beyond the rehab dept at SNF (nursing very LTC oriented). Productivity pressure with little to no clerical back up and assistance for nonbillable patient intervention. Vacation during holidays has to be requested months in advance and approval is based on availability of coverage. Not enough PRN staff and company refuses to use agencies so frequently NO coverage available and expectation is that staff will just handle it.

Advice to Management

Support the rehab team and program by providing needed supplies/equipment, seeking rehab nurses for rehab units and not just LTC nurses; show staff you value them and make effort to retain good employees, not just let them become frustrated and then leave. Put your money where your mouth is......invest in hiring a LARGE pool of PRN staff or bite the bullet and agree to work with a therapy agency to be sure pts get the care they deserve and staff get the chance to take off time.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Now I know why I was required to sign a binding arbitration agreement prior to being hired...."

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with some outstanding clinical staff. People who were smart, caring and went above and beyond for their patients.
    I appreciated my next job SO much after blessedly being terminated.

Cons

Some of the most hypocritical and dishonest persons I've encountered in my 20+ years in the industry work for ISC - and have risen to the RVP and SDO positions by bullying and manipulating their way. The Corporate Compliance attorneys seemed genuinely interested and appreciative when allegations (which were ultimately substantiated) were reported. However, even Corporate Compliance attorneys cannot protect one who Senior Ops folks want to terminate.
    Financial performance trumps all - including descent, ethical behavior - despite all the hollow claims of it being "about the resident" and a "culture of caring".
    Avoid this company (ISC) like the plague.

Advice to Management

Continue to require new associates to sign binding arbitration agreements prior to employment. It is a very cost effective way to keep the company out of court.

"Great Company for a servant leader"

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

The best company to work for in the healthcare industry

Cons

None that I could think of