Brookdale Senior Living - Love, Love, Love my job with Brookdale!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Love, Love, Love my job with Brookdale!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company's culture is awesome and is lived by the Senior management team, regional teams, Executive Directors at the community level, dining service teams in our communities! A true honor & pleasure to serve our residents living in our communities!!!!

Cons

There are no cons! Every job or employer has some little something but I haven't found that little something yet!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

1. "RN Case Manager (ISC)"

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living (More than a year)

Pros

The pay, benefits. Good computer system. Staff in ISC are nice. Free meals everyday.

Cons

Little to no respect from some of the nurses in the Assisted Living buildings. Unrealistic expectations to fix issues of residents that need a higher level of care than what home care can provide. Constant talk of census and lay off's or cutting hours. High turn over of staff. No family life. You will be charting at home nearly every night. The company is run by therapists, not nurses. Tons of weekend visits when you are on-call. I thought this was a good company when I started, but more than a year later, I can't recommend them. I've seen almost every nurse leave in the amount of time I was there. The nurses don't feel respected or valued. Everything is the Case Managers responsibilty. A lot of passing the buck. Employees are over worked and stressed. The ones that do listen and want change, don't have the authority to do so.

Advice to Management

Upper management: Listen to your staff and make changes or you will never keep employees.

2. "I've never had a bad day at BSL. I've worked here as a CNA/MT/SIC fpr almost two years and have worked in different bui"

Current Employee - CNA/MT/SIC in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - CNA/MT/SIC in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pay, great benefits, overall good atmosphere for work. The HR department is fabulous.

Cons

It is challenging, just as any caregiver position is