Brookdale Senior Living - Culture of Caring | Glassdoor

"Culture of Caring"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Executive Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We really live the culture of doing what is right for the residents and the bottom line will take care of it's self. I always feel supported. Brookdale consistently puts money into the communities in improvements and upkeep. I do not feel micromanaged and there really are not a lot of meetings or conference calls. I am free to really spend time with my residents, families and associates.

Cons

It's very demanding work, but worth it.

Advice to Management

Spend more quality time in the communities, not just passing through. In order to lead with the respect of those reporting to you, you must be known. Not just a voice on the phone or signature on an email.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

1. "Good company to work for but heavy turn over complicates things."

Former Employee - Health and Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Health and Wellness Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

They have locations all over the country therefore easy relocation. Senior management willing to step in and help. Good ongoing education opportunities.

Cons

Heavy turnover of caregivers due to low pay. Heavy turnover of management as well due to Work life balance out of proportion.

Advice to Management

Increase caregiver pay. Be open to change.

"Poor compensation for amount of work and hours."

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers and residents. Great food. Hard working staff who are compassionate about working with seniors.

Cons

Too many Regional positions. Excessive work load and number of work hours required of salaried employees. Poor compensation for amount of work that is required of employees. Unethical demands by RDO to increase profit and census. Being talked to like a child by Regional and upper management. Lack of support or motivating factors. Easily work 50-80 hours a week.

Advice to Management

With your unreasonable expectations and demands maybe you should try to work in our positions and with our wages and see if you could do it better or even at all.