Brookdale Senior Living - The greatest senior living company in the market place today! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"The greatest senior living company in the market place today!"

Former Employee - Director of Sales
Former Employee - Director of Sales

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sara Terry, Vice President of Progamming, leads the greatest programming and value to set Brookdale Senior Living apart from all the competitors. Sara and her team, create, train and coach the management team and the community leaders to infuse the Brookdale Mission to honor each individual resident. Brookdale Senior Living recognizes the emotional, spiritual, physical, cognitive and social needs of their residents.

Cons

Recent changes in senior management limit the support the communities may receive. However, the access to resources is outstanding and should be available even with limited one-on-one community leadership support.

Advice to Management

Stay innovative and keep the residents at the center of every decision.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Extremely disappointed after a year of service. My passion to serve seniors still exists but ? how much longer?"

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement if you can find someone in upper level management who can provide career guidance and support. Love our residents...they are the best!

Cons

Off the charts turnover of associates wreaks havoc on those of us who already give 150%! Feel extremely undervalued considering my drive and efforts to provide consistent positive contributions and a strong work ethic! You never receive praise, only criticism. Give 150% as previously indicated....they expect 300% that must be done without additional incentives and in a "40 hour" work week.

Advice to Management

Please someone at the top...look at our turnover percentages BOTH AT THE STAFF AND RESIDENT LEVEL!!! Seriously, you may wish to revise your mission statement...take care of your associates first which will seamlessly transfer to happy and well cared for residents! Get rid of the Regionals and promote autonomy at the community level. Hire E/Ds who can truly motivate, guide, support and manage staff and operations. You can train someone to read an excel spreadsheet and punch the phone to participate in the 5 "questionable" conference calls a day! You can't train someone to be a "people leader". If I could speak anonymously to the CEO, I would recommend that he hire a H/R consulting company to get unannounced feedback (without repercussions) from those of us who tend to the needs and welfare of the residents. It would be icing on the cake if they supplemented this by speaking to our residents and family membersas well...trust me, they know what is going on! I am so sad that I feel the need to convey my concerns anonymously. I so wish that I felt comfortable sharing this with someone at the top!

2. "Good company to work for but heavy turn over complicates things."

Former Employee - Health and Wellness Director
    Former Employee - Health and Wellness Director

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

They have locations all over the country therefore easy relocation. Senior management willing to step in and help. Good ongoing education opportunities.

Cons

Heavy turnover of caregivers due to low pay. Heavy turnover of management as well due to Work life balance out of proportion.

Advice to Management

Increase caregiver pay. Be open to change.