Brookdale Senior Living - One of the most supportive companies I've worked for in 15 years | Glassdoor

"One of the most supportive companies I've worked for in 15 years"

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a positive employee focus that shows in things like pay scales, benefits, and culture. I have great support from my superiors and have been given the autonomy my licensure indicates. I am fortunate to have a wonderful team of nurses, CNAs, cooks, housekeepers, and even management that continuously go above and beyond for our patients. I love that I can focus on nursing in a way that satisfies my need to take great care of people. Most of us in this field aren't doing it for the pay. Honestly, we aren't paid nearly enough for all the things we do. I am fortunate to have found somewhere that enables me to do what I love.

Cons

It's a big company, and it's easy to get lost in the mix and feel like just another number in such a system. The insurance has been going up steadily, by small amounts the last few years and I am concerned that those at the bottom pay scales will have difficulty affording insurance benefits soon. I work in an assisted living setting, and there is a lot of focus on sales training without enough focus on care training. Getting them in the door is not enough.

Continue reading
    Brookdale Senior Living2019-10-09

"Great company"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good leadership with a lot of longevity. Company works hard to do the right thing. Great systems and technology compared to other long term care companies. Their philosophy is that good people make the difference and they definitely practice what they preach.

Cons

Doesn't help pay for Master's degree.

Continue reading
    Brookdale Senior Living2019-09-03
  2. "Working with Compassion, Respect, Excellence and Integrity."

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Napa, CA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to know the residents and their life story. Doing scenic drives around the Napa Valley. Participating in fun resident activities.

Cons

Needs more fun and interactive activities.

Brookdale Senior Living2020-03-28

Discover more reviews about Brookdale Senior Living.