Brookdale Senior Living - I try to separate the wonderful experience of serving residents and families from dealing with unfeeling, inept managers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"I try to separate the wonderful experience of serving residents and families from dealing with unfeeling, inept managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In theory, webinars, chats, computer trainings and BSL net very helpful.

Cons

ED very sneaky, insincere, moody. vindictive. uses favoritism, and divide and conquer techniques. CEO very unaware of what goes on in communities and sadly, a far cry from Bill Sheriff. Can't have insensitive, unaware people (and only interested in financials) manage peoples' lives. Since expensive marketing, budgets cut and only concern is getting the dollar in and not keeping promises made to vulnerable unsuspecting families/residents. Company is now too big and too removed from what the mission and cornerstones are. They are just meaningless, well put together words, but Brookdale needs more regulations on the ED and the regional operations.. Mr. Smith.. get your hands dirty and come talk to the associates and not everyone in between who cover each other, as one lies and the others swear to it.

Advice to Management

Hire people who care, not just those who need a job. Upper management needs to come to the communities and see for themselves. Forget the surveys. Most are not legit. Give the staff a well meaning leader/ED, with some real life experiences and not just spend less and get less quality leaders. Stop trying to feed people 3 meals a day on less than 5.00 per person per day. Don't say you give residents choices and then serve frozen food or make offers you don't keep. Shame on the guys in Tennessee who don't mean what they say but who have little to no compassion. Keep the buildings more properly staffed and stop covering up medical mistakes.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

""Wolf In Sheep's Clothing""

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sadly I cannot think of anything beneficial in my few month experience there....

Cons

Brookdale claims to want to be the "Solution for Seniors"......but all I can say is that I wish I had heard of Glassdoor when I was deciding to work for this company. It was a big mistake!! I had heard that it was a great company and had great training. That must have been a while ago because the property I was at was a hot mess! Residents moving out left and right; directors turning over multiple times.My position alone changed over 4xs prior to my hire. I thought it was just my property but apparently its a company wide issue after browsing on here. All they care about is money at least in regards to selling private duty services.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page with corporate and local management.....geeze. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and good employees are ping ponged in the middle. Oh and tell your regional leaders not to call their subordinates names when they are chastising them on the phone!

"Nothing but pay cuts for the nurses for increased responsibilities, all the while management continues to get bonuses!"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You set your own schedule

Cons

The managers have no idea what they are doing!