Brookdale Senior Living - "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

""Wolf In Sheep's Clothing""

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sadly I cannot think of anything beneficial in my few month experience there....

Cons

Brookdale claims to want to be the "Solution for Seniors"......but all I can say is that I wish I had heard of Glassdoor when I was deciding to work for this company. It was a big mistake!! I had heard that it was a great company and had great training. That must have been a while ago because the property I was at was a hot mess! Residents moving out left and right; directors turning over multiple times.My position alone changed over 4xs prior to my hire. I thought it was just my property but apparently its a company wide issue after browsing on here. All they care about is money at least in regards to selling private duty services.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page with corporate and local management.....geeze. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and good employees are ping ponged in the middle. Oh and tell your regional leaders not to call their subordinates names when they are chastising them on the phone!

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Nothing but pay cuts for the nurses for increased responsibilities, all the while management continues to get bonuses!"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager Home Health

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You set your own schedule

Cons

The managers have no idea what they are doing!

"Deceived"

Former Contractor - Sales Representative
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to win prizes and good training.

Cons

Compared to other summer sales companies this has to be one of the worst companies to work for. They grossly misrepresent their per rep averages and micro manage you like you wouldn't believe. Their contract is absurd, don't sign it and don't work for these guys it's not worth it, they'll promise you the moon and won't deliver. They also look for every opportunity not to pay you, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest from the very beginning, you'll have a lot less ticked off people at the end of the summer.