Cover image for Brookdale Senior Living

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Experience

Mar 4, 2022 - Activities Assistant in Pittsburgh, ND
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance Welcoming community Residents and co workers are enjoyable to work with

Cons

No issues that I have encountered

4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Place to work!

Dec 3, 2022 - Sales and Marketing Manager in Austintown, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training is amazing. Company truly wants you to be successful and offers everything you could possibly need to be successful. Everyone working in the community truly cares about the people that live and work at there. Each department is friendly, welcoming, and works together to be the best! If you are researching this company considering if you should work there the answer is YES!

Cons

Have not experienced any cons

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Management needs a wake up call

Oct 20, 2022 - Qualified Medications Administration Personnel  in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have to put in a min of 5 words. There were no pros.

Cons

Having only one person for 3 halls and a separate memory care unit is dangerous staffing and should be illegal. If I'm two building over giving meds, how do I know if a resident fell? Or how about if I'm doing meds for two buildings, how is that safe? Meds might be late, forgotten, or wrong. If we don't have the license for lifts in Assisted Living, don't add residents that require lifts to transfer. There is no reason why I should be lifting a 250lb person when I'm 5' nothing and 100lbs. You're lucky I don't have legal action to fix my back after MONTHS OF THIS. Not to mention when I told Management that I was being SEXUALLY harassed by a coworker they put us on the same shifts for a week. Never again for any amount of money, even though I made 12.50 back then. Also the only reason some people got raises in the last 5 YEARS is because of covid. There was a woman working there for 11 years making 11.75. Also wprk life balance didnt exist. Some days I was there 21 hours straight because they couldnt cover the next shift and the only reason I was *allowed* to go home to prepare for my next shift 3 hours later, was because it's illegal to make someone work for 24hrs. Ridiculous.

2 people found this review helpful

Brookdale Senior Living Response

Social Media Specialist

While we are sorry that you feel this way, we do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We also encourage you to call our Brookdale Integrity Line, at 1-888-302-3303 to discuss any concerns you may have. Thank you.

Discover more reviews about Brookdale Senior Living.

Brookdale Senior Living Careers

Cover image for Brookdale Senior Living

What’s important to you? Is it work with purpose? Making a difference? Doing the right thing? If the answer to any of those are yes,...More

• Our Culture
  • What we do
  • Sustainability
  • Careers

Brookdale Senior Living Photos

+ Add Photo
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Brookdale Union Park Executive Director Lakisha greets everyone with a smile!
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Executive Director Alex spending quality time with his residents at Brookdale Lohmans Crossing!
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Nate is Brookdale strong!
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Michael has been with Brookdale Medical Center Whitby for 22 years!
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Look at this wonderful creation Chef Scott cooked up at Brookdale Park Place!
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Greg was named Brookdale Ormond Beach West's Everyday Hero! Congrats, Greg!
Brookdale Senior Living photo of: Happy 5 years at Brookdale, Brittany!

Brookdale Senior Living Job Seekers Also Viewed