Brookdale Senior Living - Bad attitudes seem to go far here... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"Bad attitudes seem to go far here..."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Brentwood, TN
Former Employee - Human Resources in Brentwood, TN

Pros

My supervisor was the best. While he drove me crazy at times, it was no more than a manager should. He was always there to support me and to help me grow. The open door policy really was something I felt comfortable with, no matter if results happened or not.

Cons

If you 1) have a negative outlook on life and 2) find more people exactly like that and ban together to make a small group of negativity, then you'll be happy. That's been my experience there. They promote team work and all that, but at the end of the day the bad ones always stay because management is not willing to let someone go, and the teamwork becomes non-existent. EVEN WHEN TN has an employment at will clause. That's why I left, and I feel bad for my managers who could have done something about the toxic people they have working for them.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. You say, "Good people make the difference and are the key to our success." Well, maybe no one is happy working for you because you have BAD PEOPLE in there. I really wish I could have worked here my entire career; I believed and still do believe in what Brookdale stood for. But you gotta get rid of the bad before you can handle the good. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

"I really enjoyed working at Brookdale and would go back to work there if the right opportunity presented itself."

Former Employee - Upper Level Management in Belmont, MA
    Former Employee - Upper Level Management in Belmont, MA

Pros

Plenty of opportunity
    They delegate responsibility and give you the authority to do your job
    Very good salary and benefits

Cons

Really are not any major downsides - I did have to deal with one member of senior management who only wanted yes men/women - never wanted to hear bad news and could be pretty arbitrary. But, that can happenanywhere and this was only one person. Most members of managment were fair and very smart. They held you accountable but gave you the tools to do your job.

Advice to Management

Make sure you listen to the staff in the field

2. "I am satisfied at Brookdale."

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexible schedule and excellent pay

Cons

Need more training opportunities for all staff

Advice to Management

Provide ongoing training to front line staff and management