Brookshire Grocery - I was underpaid and not given my advances with my promotions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brookshire Grocery

"I was underpaid and not given my advances with my promotions."

Former Employee - Meat Cutters Apprentice in Whitney, TX
Former Employee - Meat Cutters Apprentice in Whitney, TX

Pros

Good first job, just be cautious of management and the "raises" they give. Good customer service experience.

Cons

Non competitive pay, and you really need to watch out if you get promoted be sure they give you a raise. I was promoted 3 times and the only raise i received was my 2 year raise.

Advice to Management

Most of the lower management (assistant managers) can really relate with you since they usually have more recent experience of being in your position. Store directors are generally out for covering their own.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookshire Grocery

1. "Good."

Current Employee - Produce Manager in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Produce Manager in Tyler, TX

Pros

Good health and 401 K benefits compared to other jobs. Good working conditions compared to other jobs. Good place to work.

Cons

The growth potential in the company could be better. Better training is needed for management and supervisors.

"A waste of time!"

Current Employee - Department Clerk in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Department Clerk in Tyler, TX

Pros

It is a fairly easy job and its easy to get time off.

Cons

Not enough hours and there is a ton of drama. Management is promoted and fails rather quickly due to lack of training. Playing favorites in this company is a huge downside. There are workers that put forth a lot of effort that is not acknowleged. People will step all over fellow employees to get what they want.

Advice to Management

Stop worring about your titles and start worrying about the business. This is a christian based business so act like it. Being upper management does not give you the right to talk down to others and belittle them.