Broward County Schools - Getting better, but community/society needs to help | Glassdoor
  1. "Getting better, but community/society needs to help"

I have been working at Broward County Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Steady pay with great benefits (unless you want to insure your children...more on that in the "CONS" section). Great for those seeking to make an impact in their communities (yes, people like that still exist in this world).

Cons

It's public school and some people confuse that with free babysitting. You have to wear many hats (i.e., teacher, counselor, janitor, mom/dad, brother/sister, etc). Those first few are not on Broward County Public Schools (BCPS). It's hard to balance all of the paperwork & trainings with your grading and planning. Again, that is not entirely the fault of BCPS.

Advice to Management

Less meetings should be had in order to give teachers more time to plan and collaborate (which is what the meeting should be, but doesn't always work out to be).

Broward County Schools2016-09-29
  1. "Staff Assistant"

Current Employee - Staff Assistant

I have been working at Broward County Schools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great heath care, benefits and PTO.

Cons

None in my area of employment.

Broward County Schools2019-11-09
  2. "Intern"

I have been working at Broward County Schools part-time

Pros

Love my supervisor and the work environment. And the kids of course!

Cons

low pay and bad parking

Broward County Schools2019-10-29

Discover more reviews about Broward County Schools.