Broward General Medical Center - To be continued. | Glassdoor

"To be continued."

Current Employee - Senior Pharmacy Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Senior Pharmacy Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

It seems to be a decent job. Many of the people that I have come in contact with have been here for five plus years, some up to twenty-five years. The insurance starts on the first of the month following the hire date and the rates are fairly reasonable. The hospital goes to great lengths make sure the employees are immunized and healthy to work. Most employees I have met have been fairly cheerful and seem happy to be here.

Cons

You have to have thick skin, a strong stomach and a weak sense of smell as many of the patients are often homeless and it can be very upsetting.

Advice to Management

None at this time as I haven't had many interactions with them yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Broward General Medical Center

1. "Great manager and staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned from the pros. Very supportive and professional. I worked at The Wellness Center under Kevin Hall supervision back in 2001 and he was a great boss. He also had the best staff. They really care about their patients and members.

Cons

I loved to work for The Wellness Center. Always have great memories of everyone.

2. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Broward General Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medical Benefits - vacation time

Cons

Unsafe place to work for nurses. If you want a nurse who has her back turned to the patient for 12 hours and spends the shift texting or watching TV at night then this is the place for you. Nurses work with outdated orders because doctors never discontinue or update orders (your license is never safe at Broward).

Advice to Management

You may have been given a management position but you definitely have no management skills and the staff under you suffers