Brown and Caldwell - BC is the company of choice and I agree | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brown and Caldwell

"BC is the company of choice and I agree"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Brown and Caldwell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at two different consulting firms and when I had the chance to return to BC at a different office I took it in a heartbeart. The company is very good at taking care of its employees, from administrative staff to engineers to management. There are great benefits and they allow a mostly flexible schedule. In addition to working on solid environmental engineering type projects, what I value most about the company are the professional development trainings they give to employees. This encourages us to have a human touch as we approach the technical issues of our projects and it's something that's lacking in other firms I believe.

Cons

While the systems are in place for a great company experience in every office, the most influential factors for an individual are dependent on specific office dynamics (i.e. location, the people, and even the types of projects that that office works on and clients that the office works with). This unfortunately is something that cannot be completely controlled at a corporate level.

Other Employee Reviews for Brown and Caldwell

"Great people :)"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Brown and Caldwell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is spread all over the country, but everyone is very accessible. Being so widespread there is a great variety of projects that you can be involved in. Very flexible when it comes to needing to alter your schedule or work from home when the situation calls for it.

Cons

If you are not an engineer it can be hard to set a definitive career path with goals towards promotion and other advancement.

Advice to Management

Come up with a more definitive career path for people on the business and admin side of things so you don't feel like you are writing your own job description to prove you should be advancing or receiving a promotion of some sort.

"working at Brown and Caldwell"

Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Brown and Caldwell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

friendly and open atmosphere
    good collaboration
    not to bureaucratic

Cons

limited career path for non-technical people