Bruce Power - Developmental Student - Performance Engineer | Glassdoor

"Developmental Student - Performance Engineer"

Developmental Student in Hamilton, ON

I worked at Bruce Power

Pros

Pay was above average Culture at work was above average Safety oriented Laid back work environment Lots of opportunity to learn things Very interesting place to work for

Cons

The location of the plant is really far and can be difficult to drive when it is during the winter time since you need to deal with not only lots of plowed roads but also the roads get very misty. Fortunately the company offers bus services though when going in and out of town to see relatives it can be dangerous.

Continue reading
    Bruce Power2015-09-14
  1. "Superb Work Experience"

Current Contractor - Mechanical Engineer

I have been working at Bruce Power

Pros

I am a professional engineer of a certain age who was frankly fed up with dysfunctional and toxic workplaces. I had turned down several other lucrative offers on that basis before BP came calling, but I was pleasantly surprised by what I found here. There has clearly been a lot of thought put into their organizational principles and practices, which help workers to produce their best. This extends to the physical comfort of the workspace, which is important for me. In summary, a very progressive management philosophy. The approach to safety is comprehensive. They support your specific training needs, in fact they insist on it!

Cons

None really. Some other reviewers here gripe about the weather (it's Canada) and the distance from Toronto (aka the centre of the universe). Probably The same ones who didn't want a nuclear PP built downtown I guess.

Continue reading
    Bruce Power2016-12-26

"Project Control"

Former Employee - Senior Project Planner

I worked at Bruce Power full-time

Pros

Learning experience. different field, time management, reporting, schedule risk

Cons

opportunity, reporting, small team, authorization, procurement

Bruce Power2019-09-16

Discover more reviews about Bruce Power.