Buck Consultants - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Buck Consultants full-time

Pros

Family-friendly environment where the employees care about one-another.

Cons

Difficult to advance without exams

Advice to Management

Better advancements from within Buck as opposed to needing to leave and come back to Buck for appreciation.

Other Employee Reviews for Buck Consultants

"Lots of flexibility in terms of providing employees the work life balance they need"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Team culture is quite strong, options to work remotely if preferred. People are recognized for their hard work and promoted quickly as they are ready to move to the next level. Managers are great and provide learning opportunities to junior folks where possible.

Cons

Pay and benefits less than desirable. Compared to industry, salary is lower at Buck. Bonuses are paid once a year and in recent years, bonuses have been pretty bad. Dynamic with parent company is challenging but has improved over the years.

Advice to Management

Alot of people are leaving the company because of being underpaid. There should be a periodic review of employee compensation by level/function to determine what the right level of pay should be.

"Decent Hours, nice people, awful raises"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

Pros

My coworkers were friendly. Feedback was relatively encouraged. I rarely had to work past 6 or 7. My boss was great and I learned useful skills

Cons

Though my starting salary was decent, raises were abysmal. The only way to get a decent a raise at Buck is to get a counter offer and even then it's tricky. Buck has struggled in recent years. It's a declining company in a declining industry (defined benefits). My bonus for outperformance was 5% of salary, not much incentive.

Advice to Management

If you would like to retain talented individuals invest in them a bit more. The work life balance is nice but those who work hard for the company and outperform need to be given bigger raises and bonuses or else it doesn't seem worth it